Minutes from a meeting of Cropthorne Parish Council held on Monday June 5th 2017 in the Village Hall at 7pm
- PRESENT :
Cllr B Annis Councillor W Clive County Cllr E Eyre
Vice Chair S Smythe Cllr R Segar
Councillor J King Cllr R Kelly
Clerk L Yapp 5 members of the public
- APOLOGIES – None received
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Councillor J King – Village Hall Matters
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Minutes from previous meetings were approved and signed – proposed Cllr Segar, seconded Cllr Clive – all in favour
PARISHIONERS QUESTION TIME:
- The parish council were notified that a large mobile home had been seen entering the site at Evergreen
- A request was made for a hand-rail to be fitted at the footpath adjacent to Kennel Bank for safety purposes. Cllr Clive agreed he would meet CC footpath officer to discuss in more detail
a) 16/00209 8 Evergreen, Main Road – Awaiting additional information from WDC
c) 16/02754 & 16/02753 Midcott, Middle Lane – awaiting decision by WDC
d) 17/00689/LB – Little Cottage, Middle Lane – Cllr King left the room – There were no objections to this application. Approved by WDC
e) 17/00425 The Orchard, Smokey Lane – Awaiting decision by WDC
f) 17/00798LB Quoice Cottage, Kennel Bank c- Awaiting decision by WDC
Miscellaneous Planning Concerns: –
(i) Stricklands – Living accommodation issues – with enforcement team to organise a site visit
(ii) Severn Acres – second access – With enforcement officer
(iii) Kimberleys Land – WDC Enforcements had written to the new owners
- VILLAGE HALL – Cllr King reported that they were still looking for a booking clerk, even on a temporary basis. At present there was no cleaner / caretaker for the hall, and a re-furb of the football pitches is scheduled.
- COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT – County Cllr Eyre reported the following:
- Evesham Traffic Survey – results expected imminently
- Field Barn Lane – permanent passing places to be investigated
- A 20mph speed limit outside the school has been applied for. Consultation to take place at a later date as to whether this is maintained by signage or engineering works if the request is approved
- Footways in need of repair to be reported for consideration.
- MATTERS ARISING:
- Smart Water – A flier had been distributed to all households asking for those who had not received their Smart Water to contact the clerk. So far, only one resident had been in touch
- Lengthsman – The lengthsman had carried out maintenance to two benches in the village. He had advised that the new bench outside the church would require some attention in the autumn.
- New Home Bonus – Still awaiting suggestions for the use of the remaining £23,000. A suggestion had been received for a new mower for The Sheppey, though this is still subject to full discussion. Several options had been brought to the attention of the Parish Council. It was agreed that a demonstration be carried out in the first instance. Thanks were made to Mr Pomeroy for his help on this matter.
- Traveller Consultation – Awaiting outcome of consultation
- Speeding – B4084 – The NHB application had been considered by WDC but only the cost for the VAS signs had been approved. It was agreed that in the first instance the speed signs be ordered and the posts requested from CC, along with the Dragons Teeth on the B4084. Further discussion to take place regarding the cost of the village gates.
- Parish Councils Chairmans Meeting – A meeting has been scheduled for June 28th.
- Approval of payments made/to be made since last meeting, as listed below – All councillors approved
- Polices – The clerk had circulated the following policies for approval:
- Complaints Procedure
- Procedure for Co-option
- Equality & Diversity Procedure
- Freedom of Information Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Standing Orders
- Financial Regulations
These were approved by the parish council, and would be reviewed on an annual basis
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS/ FOR DISCUSSION AT FUTURE MEETING
- It was reported that a couple of bollards / posts had been knocked down at Lower Croft. The clerk would report this to Rooftop Housing
- DATE OF NEXT MEETINGS – Monday 3rd July